GST is the most awaited economic reform. This will improve the way of doing business and make it very easy and simple. By the implementation of GST, the various type of indirect taxes will be removed and a single taxation system will be established in India. It will result into the easier tax compliances and a huge increase in the number of taxpayers. Today I am here to tell you about How to apply for GST Registration Online. With the help of this article, you will get all the knowledge you need to get GST registration online.
Eligibility to apply for GST Registration Online
A person who is engaged in the activity of buying or selling goods or make the provision of services or engaged in both the activities is required to have GST Registration. However, there is a threshold limit be90low which registration is not required but if this minimum threshold limit is crossed then it is mandatory to obtain the GST Registration. If a person who is liable to obtain GST Registration failed to obtain the registration then he will not be eligible to collect GST from the customers and also he can not claim the input tax credit of the GST which he had paid.
There is a threshold prescribed by the Goods and Service TAX (GST) Council which is as follows:-
- For the entities in North East India, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand-Aggregate Turnover of Rs. 10 lakhs
- For the entities in rest of the states– Aggregate Turnover of Rs. 20 lakhs
The GST Registration application must be filed within 30 days from the date of liability to obtain registration arises. However, a person who is not liable to obtain registration may voluntarily apply for GST Registration for claiming the input credit.
Here the list of documents which are required for applying for the GST Registration:-
These details include the Name, PAN, Mobile No., and E-mail ID of the concerned persons.
- In case of sole proprietorship: Details of proprietor
- In case of Partnership: Details of all Managing/ Authorized Partner
- In case of Companies: Details of Managing Director and whole time director
- In case of Trust: Details of Managing Trustee
- In case of HUF: Details of Karta
- In case of Association of Persons: Details of Member of Managing Committee
- In case of Local Authority: Details of CEO or equivalent
- In case of Statutory Body: Details of CEO or equivalent
- In case of others: Details of person in charge
- In the case of Partnership Firm, the Partnership Deed is required.
- In case Companies and LLPs, the Company Identification Number (CIN) from MCA Portal is also required.
- A registration certificate or other proof of registration is required in case of other entities like trust, society etc.
Proof of Principal/ Additional Place of Business
- For Own Premises: Any document in support of the ownership of the premises like the latest property tax receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of electricity bill.
- For Rented or leased Premises: copy of rent or lease agreement along with owner’s documents like the latest property tax receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of electricity bill.
- For Premises obtained from others, other than by way of Lease or rent: a copy of consent letter along with consenter’s documents like the latest property tax receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of electricity bill.
Bank Account Details
Scanned copy of the first page of bank pass book or the bank statement in the name of the proprietor/ Business concern containing the Account No., Name of the Account Holder, MICR, IFSC and branch details.
Letter of Authorisation or copy of the resolution of the Managing Committee or Board of Directors to that effect empowering the person to apply for GST Registration.
Photograph of the following persons are required:
- In case of sole proprietorship: proprietor
- In the case of Partnership: Managing/ Authorized Partner (personal details of all partners are to be submitted but photos of the only ten partners including that of managing partner are to be submitted.)
- In case of Companies: Managing Director or the authorized person
- In case of Trust: Managing Trustee
- In case of HUF: Karta
- In the case of Association of Persons: Members of Managing Committee (personal details of all Members is to be submitted but photos of the only ten members including that of chairman are to be submitted.)
- In case of Local Authority: CEO or equivalent
- In case of Statutory Body: CEO or equivalent
- In case of others: Person in charge
Note: New GST Registration is not started yet. At this time only the process of migration of existing taxpayer at new GST Portal is being carried out by the Government. Stay connected with us, we will update you when GST Registration started for new taxpayers. 🙂
Recommended Read:7 Top Most Successful Business Idea For 2017
Process of GST Registration Online
For GST registration online you have to fill the Application Form: GST REG-01. This form has 2 parts:
- Part A – For verification
- Part B- For Application
Part A: Verification Process
You should keep in your mind that you have to declare your PAN, Mobile No. and Email ID in Part A of Form GST REG-01. This information will be verified by the department.
On the successful completion of verification process, an application reference number shall be generated and communicated to the applicant on his mobile number and E-mail ID.
Part B: Application Submission
A digitally signed application in Part B of Form GST REG-01 using the generated reference number along with all required documents as mentioned above to be submitted.
After that an Acknowledgment in Form: GST REG-02 shall be issued electronically.
Verification of Application
- The submitted application shall be examined by the proper officer. If everything is fine then he may approve for grant of registration within 3 working days. However, if he found any deficient or need more information then he may intimate in Form : GST REG-03 within 3 working days from the date of application.
- If required by the proper officer then the applicant shall furnish such information or clarification in Form : GST REG-04 within 7 working days from the receipt date of intimation. If proper officer is satisfied then he may approve for grant of registration within 7 working days from the receipt of such information or clarification.
- If proper officer found the information or clarification submitted by the applicant not satisfactory then he shall record the reason and reject the application and intimate the applicant in Form: GST REG-05.
The application deemed to have been approved if the proper officer failed to take any action within 3/ 7 working days as the case maybe.
Issue of GST Registration Certificate
After the application being approved by the proper officer, a Registration Certificate in Form: GST REG-06 is issued.
So guys it was the complete process to get the GST Registration online. I hope after reading this article you will understand the complete process of GST Registration online. If you liked this article then please don’t forget to subscribe our blog from the form given on footer to get all new fresh updates directly to your inbox and follow us on social media @MyFinanceSeeker 🙂
Have a Great day!